Old March 7th 05, 03:25 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:25:41 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>>I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
>>>charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the companies
>>>would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
>>>frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the money.

>>How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
>>muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
>>we do with ours.

>Actually, I like the idea.
>
>Imagine what would happen if all the proceeds from speeding tickets
>went to charity instead of into municipal coffers?

He said punitive damages, in regards to lawsuits, not speeding
tickets.

I would agree with your point. I would even go for a law that
requires the money to go to the next higher level of government.
Local cops write tickets where the money goes to the county, county to
the state, and state to the feds.