Old June 7th 04, 06:31 PM
Catman

Gordon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Lately I've been having some strange problems with ignition. When I
> try to start my engine in the morning it fires up and then dies with a
> cough. Okay, that's normal but then it happens:

When you say 'completely dead' you mean turning over, but not firing? Have
you checked the lopw voltage side of the coil?

We had the same problem with our Giulietta when I rebuilt it the first
time. Eventually I traced the fault to the ignition switch. It was
energising the solenoid so the engine turned, but not energising the coil,
so no spark

HTH

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk