Old March 9th 05, 04:06 PM
Rex B

John Ings wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:45:31 -0600, Rex B > wrote:
>

>>OK guys, need some quick advice. Went out to get lunch and nothing
>>happens when I turn the key. No radio, no click, no nothing. Happened a
>>few weeks ago, then stated fin the next day, and ever since.
>>
>>I figure it's the ignition switch, or loose harness to the switch.
>>
>>Any chance the main relay could also cause this?
>>Do they ever fail intermittently?
>>
>>Anything else?
>>
>>Quick tip to get it started so I can get home tonight?

> Simple trick that might work- stick the tip of a pocket knife or small
> plain screwdriver between the battery posts and their clamps and pry
> and twist a little. Or if you have wrenches handy, slacken the clamps
> and rotate them a bit on the posts and try again.
>
> Before deciding it's the ignition switch or main relay, check all
> battery cable connections at battery, starter and neg cable grounding
> point. Check under the battery cable connections at the clamps for
> corroded copper, sometimes there's only a few strands left among and a
> lot of green crud. See also:
> http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#stalling

Well, you guys were on the right track. It was a dead battery, left the
lights on when I got to work. This is the only car I own that doesn't
have a "Lights on" warning buzzer, and it bites me every now and then.
The last time I had a no-start condition, it wasn't the battery, and
I never figured out what it was, except it started fine next day. I just
assumed (there's that word) that that problem had returned.
Thanks for the reality check

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer