Old March 8th 05, 08:38 AM
Tinnitus

Default 2004 325 misfiring at startup

Hello-

I'm the original owner of a 2004 325Ci. When the car hit about 6,000
miles it misfired for about 20 seconds one day when I started it up
cold. Being a new car, I didn't mess around... took it staright back to
the dealer. The dealer claimed he found a bad spark plug. A thousand
miles later, it misfired again on startup... once again it started
running fine after about 20 seconds. This time the dealer claimed he
found a bad ignition coil on a different cylinder. Now I'm at about
11,000 miles and today it again misfired starting cold. What in the
work could be going on here? This is my 1st BMW and I'm a bit miffed.

Is my dealer incompetent? How could a brand new car be having these
kinds of problems? Is anyone else seeing this?

Many thanks,
-T