Old July 7th 05, 04:39 PM
K. E. Loyd

Default Can an older Hybrid run without its battery after it dies?

I have a long term Civic Hybrid question in case I buy one and drive the
wheels off of it -

Maintenance you would do on a 3 year old car is a bit more extensive than
what is worth the trouble when it is 10 years old with 150k miles.

Suppose, on a Civic Hybrid with 150k miles, you want to NOT replace the big
battery after it dies. With the little engine alone, its power to weight
ratio is still better than certain Geo Metros. It may be less fun to drive
and less efficient, and I may need to ignore/remove some warning lights, but
is this possible?

regards,
KL