Old March 10th 05, 04:05 AM
Box134

The guy is giving you BS. Sounds like something you'd hear from a Midas or
from other muffler/suspension/whatever places. If you were shredding your
tires you'd know it, probably bobbing up and down like a cork. Because you
haven't experienced that and see no signs of "shredding" pretty much tells
the story.

Reminds me of the last time I was at a Midas sometime in the late 80s. I
went for exhaust work but the guy told me I needed new shocks. I remembered
I'd heard clunking sounds from the rear end of my **** '85 Escort. "Yeah!
Yeah! That's it!" the guy said. Well, I don't allow myself to be succumb to
sales pitches and I didn't get the shocks. And I discovered later the
clunking was a golf ball in the hatch wheel well.