Old December 10th 04, 12:02 PM
Bob

Marcio Watanabe > wrote in
:

> Bob > wrote:
>
>>Someone must have some experience or thoughts on the 325xi maintenance
>>costs...

> Thought yes, and that's what you are getting. Experience, no.
> Do you realize that you are asking what "repairs are owners
> historically experiencing for the 325xi once out of warranty" when no
> one has owned a E46 325xi for 5 years to speak from experience?

Yes I do realize that no one has actual 5 year maintenance experience for a
2005 325xi and I was hoping that was obvious.

The BMW 3 series cars have been around for quite some time and by
definition a "projection" of service costs for current models can be
reasonably estimated from historical experiences. In most cases, buyers
hope for new model improvement but this is not always the case and
awareness of prior problem areas can be instructive.

From what I can gather, many review sources (Consumer Reports,
Intellichoice, Kiplingers, etc) seem to consider the 2005 325xi a very good
car but not necessarily a good value.