Old September 12th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Default I Was a Patient JLEDI Yesterday

"Dave Head" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Ed White wrote:

>> > A toot from the horn might make them AWARE that you are behind them
>> > and waiting on them,so they might decide to stop fooling around and
>> > move. A "blast" might make them less likely to move,or draw you
>> > into the situation.

>> You are correct. "blast" is the wrong word for someone who aspies to
>> be polite. Your choise of "toot" is more in the spirit of what I was
>> thinking. Of course if you are 6'3" tall, 250 lbs, and driving an H1
>> with a gun rack full of guns, nobody is likely to argue if you blast
>> the horn at them. If you 5'0", 93 lbs and driving an original Honda
>> Civic, it might be better to leave the lot before they see you.

>> > He posts his "MFFY" jpgs or clips to his site,then rants about them
>> > on RAD. ;-)
>> >

>> > I see others here are noticing a trend.
>> > IMO,someone who encounters so many "MFFY's" may be oversensitized.

>> I get the feeling that Scott sees most of us at MFFY's. If this is
>> the cae, you have to wonder about his prespective on life.
>>
>> And I think Scott's claim that he was a patient JLEDI (whatever that
>> is) is an obviously false statement. Clearly he was not patient.
>> There is a different between being patient and angerly accepting the
>> inevitable.
>>
>> Ed

> I think Scott was a patient JLEDI guy - its what you do, not what you
> think. The medal of honor heroes are no less heros if they were
> scared. They were heroes because of what they _did_, not how they
> felt about it. Same principle here.
>
> Dave Head

Perhaps Scott's admitted impatience colored his judgement about whether
they actually were being "MFFY".
The Horseplay in the parking lot was not to get ahead of anyone,nor for any
advantage over anyone else. Perhaps they would have stopped horsing around
and moved out if Scott had indicated his desire to pass. (with a brief horn
signal)
The other example of the person waiting to pick up a passenger clearly in
sight and moving to the waiting vehicle was similar;there probably was not
much time between when they backed out into the thrulane and when Scott
pulled out of his spot and wanted to get by them.

A question;is being clueless and unaware being "MFFY",or does it require
knowledge of "ME First"? And how long does the behavior have to last?

(also,the "FY" part of "MFFY" would indicate a knowledge of their
interference and still not caring.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik