Old September 11th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed White[_1_]

Default I Was a Patient JLEDI Yesterday

Jim Yanik wrote:

> > Actaully in this case, I think waiting behind those clowns was a smart
> > move from a safety standpoint. If they were screwing around like you
> > described, they they were true MFFY people since their clowning around
> > was not only interfering with traffic, but actually creating a safety
> > hazard. A blast from your horn would not be inappropriate in this case
> > (assuming the facts are as you stated). I probably would not blow the
> > horn (I hate the extra noise), but I would understand it if you did it.

> A toot from the horn might make them AWARE that you are behind them and
> waiting on them,so they might decide to stop fooling around and move.
> A "blast" might make them less likely to move,or draw you into the
> situation.

You are correct. "blast" is the wrong word for someone who aspies to be
polite. Your choise of "toot" is more in the spirit of what I was
thinking. Of course if you are 6'3" tall, 250 lbs, and driving an H1
with a gun rack full of guns, nobody is likely to argue if you blast
the horn at them. If you 5'0", 93 lbs and driving an original Honda
Civic, it might be better to leave the lot before they see you.

> >> So I gotta ask you JLEDIs: what's in it for you? What do you get in
> >> exchange for the time that you allow others to steal from you?

> > Let me turn the question around. What you you do with all the time you
> > save by being in such a hurry all the time?

> He posts his "MFFY" jpgs or clips to his site,then rants about them on RAD.
> ;-)
>

> I see others here are noticing a trend.
> IMO,someone who encounters so many "MFFY's" may be oversensitized.

I get the feeling that Scott sees most of us at MFFY's. If this is the
cae, you have to wonder about his prespective on life.

And I think Scott's claim that he was a patient JLEDI (whatever that
is) is an obviously false statement. Clearly he was not patient. There
is a different between being patient and angerly accepting the
inevitable.

Ed