Old July 1st 05, 10:42 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:08:19 -0500, Sarge wrote:

> General Schvantzkoph: "Lemon laws are stacked in favor of the car
> companies. My business partner had an $75K Audi that was never right. It was
> in the shop 12 time in 12 months, they were never able to fix it. The car
> company is give multiple chances to fix the problem. If they can't fix it
> then you have to go to arbitration, you can't sue them and you can't recover
> your legal costs if hire a lawyer so it's either going to cost you a lot in
> legal fees or in time. He ended up taking the loss and trading it in on a
> Mercedes.
> I hope that you are just unlucky and that there isn't a design problem with
> the 300C AWD (I'm assuming that's what you have since you paid 44K). I also
> just bought the 300C AWD. Mine has been flawless so far but I only have 750
> miles on it so it's to soon to tell."
>
> New Jersey lemon laws states the vehicle must be in the shop for the same
> repair 3 times or out of service for 20 days. This must occur within 18
> thousand miles or 2 years which ever occurs first.
>
> Sarge

The New Hampshire law is similar, the problem is the cost of getting them
to replace the car if they can't fix it. In my partner's case they tried
over and over to fix it but they were never able to correct the problem.
Audi has tiger teams of expert mechanics that they send in when the dealer
can't handle the problem, they weren't able to fix it either. With any
other good the company would just replace it but car companies don't do
that. You have to take them to arbitration and the arbitrator has to order
them to do the right thing. There is no other industry that treats it's
customers this way. If you went to Best Buy and bought a $10,000 plasma TV
and it didn't work right they would just take it back and give you a
replacement or your money back. They don't spend two years trying to fix
it before they admit it's a lemon, they replace it on the spot and send
the defective unit back to the manufacturer.