Old July 1st 05, 10:08 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Angelo D via CarKB.com" > wrote in message
>I just bought the 06 300C for a price of 44K...It had 38 miles on it and is
> now in the dealers repair facility.There is an apparent transmission
> problem
> with this vehicle which thier diagnostics can't seem to locate. They have
> manfacturer representative coming to make a determination as to what they
> are
> going to do.Meantime,I'm driving a dealer supplied Chevy neon from
> Enterprise
> that doesn't even have power steering!! This is a New Jersey dealer who
> should have at least supplied me with a comparable vehicle that I just
> spent
> thousands on.I have already started proceedings and am keeping all records
> up
> to date,because this looks like its going to be a legal matter concerning
> the
> New Jersey Lemon Law. Will keep you posted..

A Neon is unacceptable. I had some intital problems with my 300C that
caused three repairs for the same problem (finally found the problem - a
screw was shorting out the PCM). This wasn't a major problem like yours but
I was not happy after spending 36K and having a the "Check Engine" light
come on the first day I drove it. The dealer provided a loaner each time, a
Subaru Imprezza (they also sell Subarus). After the second time, I wouldn't
accept that type of car for a loaner. After spending that much on a car and
having it in the shop immediately, I wanted a better car. They obliged with
no hassle. They gave me a Pacifica which they had to rent since they had
none available as loaners off of their lot.