Old February 2nd 05, 06:52 PM
Usual Suspect

Olaf Gustafson wrote:

>>3. The left lane is typically faster than other lanes

> Not with you blocking it, it's not.

Again, you are arguing from some sort of communist perspective. My driving
in the left lane does not slow it down FOR ME.

>>4. I don't especially like changing lanes (to pass or whatever)

> Or obeying the law, apparently.

What law? AFAIK "Slower traffic keep left" is a recommendation, even when
posted. (If you think it's a law in CA, post a relevant reference).

Regardless, it's not enforced. I was once driving at night on a divided road
with 2 lanes in each direction. The speed limit was 40 mph and I was going
at about 7 mph over the limit, or so. I was driving in the left lane of
course. Now an SUV comes out of nowhere and passes me in the right lane.
Just as he or she does that, a police cruiser that was hiding in the dark
turns on its lights and stops that speeder. Would he have stopped me if it
were not for the SUV? I don't know, but I like to think that my LLB'ing, as
you call it, paid off.