Old July 8th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,rec.autos.tech
Steven L.

Default Why Would ABS Problem Require Replacing Control Arms?

I have an old 1995 Honda Civic and the ABS light started coming on. I
took it to a mechanic who diagnosed it as a faulty left rear wheel
sensor. OK, fine, replace the sensor; sounds simple enough.

Then I get another call from my mechanic some time later: He rattled
off some gobbledygook that "the sensor runs down where the rear control
arms are" and that the control arms had become frozen by rust or
corrosion over the years, would not come off, and needed to be replaced
too. And something about bushings needing replacement too.

I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about, so I could use a
sanity check. Does any of this make any sense at all? Why would
replacing an ABS rear wheel sensor have anything to do with control
arms, bushings, etc.?

--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: