Old June 5th 04, 06:19 PM
Zenteren

That is not a problem in my case. I try to pull it on the first row and same
thing happens. One thing I'v noticed that my winch cannot hold the car on
steep slopes. I really don't know what it could be the problem. The cone
brake is in goode shape and is cleaned from all the stuff that could get
into it.

--

"Mike Romain" > wrote in message
> That only happens on mine if I put it away messy.
>
> After use, it needs to be unspooled and wrapped back under tension on
> the drum. If you don't do this, the last use has forced the cable to
> cut down through the windings on the next row down, this can really jam
> up the cable and it will start to fray the cable pretty fast if left or
> used like this.
>
> Mike
> 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
>
> Zenteren wrote:
> >
> > I'm owner of Warn M6000 12V winch. It is old for about 1 year and now

when I
> > disengage the drum (freespooling) I need to pull cable really hard to

rotate
> > drum. In some cases it is even impossible to freespool cable out, and

then