Old March 5th 05, 12:44 AM
Searcher 1

I think the you should return that tube crap, there is no way to get "good"
sound from it no matter where you place it.
What you can do is lose any 2 or 3 way speakers that you have. The only way
to get good quality sound is to go with seperates. Yea, you can put seps in
your doors. I have done it, I got one 8" one 5.25" and one tweet in my
doors on my Toyota Tac. You have to custom make a door panel but it can be
done. I put 1000 wats to Boston Acs from a Rockford fos, I also had mids and
tweets in the dash. I had superb quality sound without the distraction for
others. I too went through the phase with boom cars, I had an 85 Z28 that
pushed the envelope at 3500 watts (RMS) with and SPL level of 158. It was of
course a show car that won highest SPL's with quality. All this was back in
the late 80's. Thats why remote control stereos came out, you really could
not be in the car for SPL testing. But, now I have ":grown up" I have
extreme quality without the SPL's, Oh I could drown out the road hmmmmmm,
but I don't I have a child now and I love to hear him wisper! Trust me guys
and no lectures here, I am now in your shoes I cannot stand pulling up to a
light with that dumb ass blasting foul mouthed music while my son is in ear
shot. You should hear disney tunes @ 1000 watts not loud but quality sound!
You can really pick out just about every instrument.

Searcher1