Old December 23rd 04, 07:31 PM
Jim Levie

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:41:11 +0000, Not here please wrote:

> Thanks for replying - already tried that one. It needed a fault code
> reader, so ive now been to the garage & it needs a new crank sensor & stat
> sensor. Cant wait for the bill. If i'd known what it was, i would have
> changed it myself. I'd like to my hands on one of these tools that read
> the codes & can reset them.

The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CPS) is probably the cause of the stall
your wife experienced. The OBDII readout tools are available Peake
(http://www.peakeresearch.com/) and others offer them. The Peake tool runs
around $150.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.