Old July 22nd 05, 11:37 AM
Joseph Oberlander

http://www.smartcar.com/

>>why isn't this available in the US - Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, Chrysler,
>>Anyone?

> It's here.
> http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-news/25-int/8693/
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5217861/

ZAP is run by a bonch of self-serving morons who only
pretend to care about the environment. I know, I met
them years ago when I lived in Santa Rosa. They were
runnning around some of the dodgiest electric vehicle
deisngs that I'd ever seen all the while touting themselves
as "experts" because they refitted Escorts(mid 90's
at the time) and the like with a bunch of batteries
and some DIY electronics. $20K for 40 mile range? No thanks.

That's a 3-4K markup over the cost, typical of the company.
Why Smart itself doesn't take over and bury them I don't know.