Old July 22nd 05, 01:38 PM
Pete

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:24:18 GMT, Max Reheat
>, wrote:

>>How, what, why? Define "face-lift".
>>If you mean the change to the nasty moulded all-in-one
>>centre console with a silly slot for your CD then I agree with
>>about mid 2002.

>How, what, why?
>Define "nasty" in the context of "moulded all-in-one".
>Define "silly" in the context of "slot for your CD".

I erroneously thought that the expressions were obviously
those of Personal Taste. I happened to think that the move
to the moulded all-in-one console looks "cheap" and "tacky".
The single slot is silly because it removes the users choice of
header unit. Not everyone wants music in their car, but those who
do had previously had the choice of CD, MD, or Cassette. To have
widened the range to include such as USB I would consider a step
forward. To remove user choice and use a cheaper cost cut unit is
not adding value to the range.

Personal choice, but one that prospective buyers "might" appreciate
being made aware of. Some may choose to buy a year earlier and
the audio they want. I know that I am happier with MD header and CD's
in the boot. They may not be interested in ICE and prefer the "Ford look"

>Oh, and while you're at it: what's got *your* goat?

My goat is perfectly happy and still living at Drucillas
in East Sussex :-) Visitors should check for opening times.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso