Old June 30th 04, 10:51 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, BOB URZ wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but there was really no need for the
> condescending dufass ****.

There kinda was. You asked a stupid question and when given the answer
repeatedly, your responses ran to "Gee, I'm ever so much more confused"
and asking your original question again.

For reference the difference between a stupid question and an ignorant
question is one of initiative/laziness. If you could answer your own
question with just a few moments' further thought, it's a stupid question.

> Telling them Daniel Stern said there stupid is not going to hold much
> weight.......

I didn't say *they* were stupid. I said *you* were acting stupid. Assuming
that's what you meant, I agree with you. My statement carries no weight.

The statement in the vehicle owner's manual, the statement on the
vehicle's transmission dipstick, the statement in the vehicle's service
manual, the statement of the vehicle's manufacturer, on the other hand,
*ALL OF WHICH SAY YOU HAVE TO USE ATF+ AND NOT DEXRON*, are plenty
weighty.

> And not all appears black in white.

Does. You just insist on making it much more complex than it really is.

> Take the Valvoline site. You would say Valvoline is a respectable
> company? http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...ct_detail.asp?
> product=6&section=406&aid=1

Valvoline is a reputable company which in this case is making an improper
recommendation contrary to the *vehicle maker's* specification.

Let's put our thinking caps on. Concentrate, now! Think hard!

Which is the correct recommendation: The one appearing in every piece of
service literature produced by the company that built the vehicle? Or --
option "B" -- a website put up by the marketing department of an oil
company?

*cue the "Jeopardy" theme song*

> By the way, they are refunding his money and giving him a future oil
> change certificate.

Wow, a free no-charge certificate for another chance for them to screw up
his van! How kind of them!

As Presdidn't Bush says: "Fool me once...shame on...fool me once, shame on
you. Fool me twice...we won't be fooled again".

> I am just looking for the magic bullet that he can tell them that the
> dextron IIE is NOT SUITABLE for a total fluid change in these
> transmission.

You've been told and told and told where to find this information.
The fact you're too lazy to yank the dipstick or open the manual isn't
anyone else's problem.