Old March 1st 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Jim Yanik wrote:
> IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
> I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It cuts
> down my safety distance.

Worst are LML LLBs. At my motorway exit in town, the
motorway itself is 2 lanes in each direction, speed
limit 80km/h (for no good reason), and the exit is
slightly awkward (the road is bumpy and there's
no lead-in, it just branches off the slow lane suddenly).

Normally the traffic in the slow lane is doing about 65
and the fast lane about 75 as they pass this exit. But
today I found myself in the fast lane doing about 55.

I looked up ahead and there was somebody on a 50cc
motorbike right in the middle of the lane just toddling
along slowly.

I moved to the "slow" lane (which was actually moving
faster) about 100m before the exit, and passed a few
of the cars that I had been behind and were still stuck
behind the scooter.

The scooter person then cut across the slow lane and
onto the median strip between the slow lane and the
exit (after the main body of the exit), all in one smooth
slow move, and then began slowly cutting into the actual
exit lane.

I of course passed this caveman and whizzed off down
the offramp at a normal speed. I then had to stop at
the lights at the far end of the offramp (300m away).
Eventually the sloth biker coasted down the ramp,
looking at me the whole time until he had passed me.