Old November 6th 04, 11:17 PM
Tony

Sounds like you didn't get it to TDC.

The mark that you need to align is on the BACK of the cam pulley. It lines up
with the top edge of the valve cover gasket. Of course the cam pulley is removed
now so not sure how you can check it. At TDC all the lobes should be off the
lifters.

Or your timing belt was off a few teeth before you started.

Tony
'91 100q 5 spd
(fourth T44)