Old May 26th 04, 09:30 PM
JP Roberts

The point about getting a 2.7T is to get it chipped to 300+HP. Of course,
it's definitely a 3.2 whatnot beater. The 3.2 may only have a very little
advantage under 2,000 rpm, and maybe - it remains to be seen - more
reliability as it's not dependent on two turbos.

The bad news about the new A6 is there is apparently going to be nothing
like DSG as DSG is only available for transverse engines - or so the rumour
goes. This alone should scare people away from Audi, as they're fitting
Seats and Golfs with DSG already! If only BMW would make a decent 50/50
front/rear weight AWD!

Here in Europe, where the real first tests of the new A6 have now been
conducted, the most interesting model is the 3.0TDI, but it comes with
Tiptronic as standard, as is way heavier (at around 1,900 kg) than its
competitors. Still, this engine's real output of around 235HP and 500Nm
(factory states 225PS and 450Nm) is impressive. In my opinion, however, the
best thing to do is wait for the air-suspension equipped models scheduled
for next year. Just another reason to switch to BMW? I find VW's policy
insulting - the Tuareg and the A8 have had it for over a year, but if I
wanted to buy a Tuareg it would only be fitted with the 2.5TDI, at a meager
174PS, which means it's a just a heavy snail. Why don't they fit the Tuareg
with the 3.0TDI engine or the A6 with the Tuareg's air-suspension? Then we
might have two great cars, where neither stands out otherwise!

Want more nonsense? They're now fitting the Seat Ibiza with a 160PS TDI, and
the Leon with a 225PS FWD power train! This is not fair on Audi legitimate
buyers!

> > > sedan. The new version's 3.2 simply won't be as good as far as I'm

> concerned.
> >
> > Why not? Similar output, no? Plus (maybe) the DSG? Hell, I'm thinking
> > a next-gen A6 w/DSG is probably going to be my next car.
> >

> No, the 3.2 FSI is superior. Here's a link to the FSI output (purple)
> overlaid on A6 2.7T graph. Above 2500 rpms 3.2 puts out more power and

revs
> to a greater speed. The FSI curves go off standard 2.7T chart! At low

speeds