Old June 3rd 05, 05:40 AM
.boB

japhar wrote:
> So this is random, but Im scratching my head... trying to find a way to
> mount a little mustang badge on my grille, the badge has little metal posts
> that arent quite long enough to reach..
>
> Is there something that will put a thread on them so I can put on a nut and
> a bracket? I.E. the oposite of drilling and tapping a hole, can i thread a
> blank post somehow?
>
> If not, what can I use to bond chromed metal (permanently enough that some
> kid wont yank it off)

Get a piece of tubing that fit's over the posts, and extends past the post ends
about 1/4". Get a screw (like #10), that is the same diameter as the post, and cut
the head off. The screw should fit in the tube, and the tube should fit over the end
of the post. Use JB Weld to hold it all together. I would even dril a couple of
transverse holes in the tube to allow the JB Weld to spooge out and make a stronger
bond and prevent air pockets.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!