Old September 29th 04, 03:06 PM
Stanislav R. Perchev

Default Strange Stereo Problem (Monsoon)

Here is an odd case -- the battery on my '03 Golf was drained by the
stereo. The dealer told me it was because fluid had leaked into the stereo
from the cupholder above it. Now VW won't honor the warranty claiming an
"outside cause." Of course, the dealer is quoting me a ridiculous price
for the stereo alone. I have most certainly not intentionally caused a
leak and I have no idea why there has not been a seal installed to prevent
such things from happening in the first place. The dealer is also claiming
the stereo is completely damaged although it works without a problem (besides draining
the battery when the engine is off). Any suggestions or moral support?

Stan