Old May 9th 06, 09:25 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default It's hot in here!

On Mon, 08 May 2006 20:12:48 -0700, Old & in the way....
> wrote:

> I remember long road trips all over the western states and up into
> Canada.
> That was about 40 years ago in my '65 Stingray. I was young and
> adventurous
> and thought nothing of driving a day and night straight to get somewhere
> thought might be better, bigger, higher, lower.......
>
> Loved it all, lived out of that car for weeks on end, camping and
> exploring,
> and lots of fishing. Great memories of three summers, including some of
> cooking my feet and legs from the build up of exhaust heat inside the
> car.
> That wasn't so good.
>
> I am now retired (finally) and want to recapture some of those feelings
> in a
> long trip in my new C6 coupe. Coast to coast. I am wondering if that heat
> thing is still a problem in these new Vettes when driving 6-8+ hours at a
> time?
>
> If cabin heat soak is still a problem, what can be done to help reduce
> the
> affect? Insulating under floor mats, or between engine/trans (auto) and
> the
> body, or even directly wrapping the exhaust? Or?
>
> Is it going to be an issue? If so what to do?
>

> brian

I don't recall ever having a problem, driving round Phoenix in my 99 C5.
My afternoon commute is 1-1.5 hours at about 4pm. In early September 2004,
I drove up to Yellowstone. Drove down to San Diego last year OK.

I've always found the a/c mighty powerful - the floor vents aren't as good
as the upper vents, but still OK. But I don't recall hot feet being a
problem - but then......I live in Phoenix - I'm used to the heat :-)