Old February 24th 05, 06:37 AM
Falky foo

> Let's say I'm making a left turn from a minor road, and you are coming

from
> my left. Normally, I would wait until the road is clear for me to make the
> left turn. But by your logic, it's OK to drive into the middle of the

road,
> blocking you, stand there, until there is a gap in the traffic coming from
> my right, and move only then?

Again, what do you mean by "OK"? Is it legal? Probably not, because again,
you are intentionally putting others at risk and there's bound to be some
vehicle code addressing that. Insurance-wise, depending on traffic, the
acts of the other driver who hit you, etc., it would be anywhere from a
small percentage your fault to 100% your fault.

>Because if it's not OK for you to hit my car
> (according to you), I can do whatever the hell I want.

Not necessarily for the above reasons. Also, if you sit there pinning my
car in or preventing me from moving intentionally, that could be considered
'false imprisonment.'

> More realistically, how would the courts decide or insurance companies
> settle in the above scenario - that's what determines "right" and "wrong".

See above.