Old November 8th 04, 11:55 PM
Milleron

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:05:49 GMT, (Timothy J. Lee)
wrote:

>In article >,
>Milleron > wrote:
>>I'm a strong believer in running lights, and I've been disappointed
>>that Honda doesn't have this feature in the US. Does anyone know if
>>my dealer could swap a part with a similar part from the Canadian
>>model to provide a 2003 Accord with running lights?

>Just turn on your headlamps whenever you drive, day or night. You'll
>get daytime running lamps without annoying anyone with high beams.
>(Yes, even at reduced intensity, high beams are annoying, particularly
>in overcast weather and near dusk.)

Well, I had thought of that (d'oh), but I don't want low beams at
normal wattage. I'd prefer high-beams at low intensity. That's why I
asked the question. Also, if I turn on low beams, then the navigation
system dims (requires a manual reset every time), and all the dash
lights illuminate in broad daylight which I don't like on principle

Does anyone know the answer to my original question? I'm not willing
to pay big bucks for the conversion, but if it might be a simple
matter of switching out a relatively inexpensive controller, I'd love
to know about it.
Thanks in advance.

Ron