Old August 23rd 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Barnhart Pinball[_1_]

Default just bought my (and my daughter's) first bug, a 72 Super Beetle!

"Dave Tosi" > wrote in news:ZPDGg.3732$n%.990
@tornado.southeast.rr.com:

> So.. How did you find out about the brakes on the way home??
>
> Fweem.

Funny you should ask. I picked it up and was driving it home - pulled up to
the stop sign out of the previous owner's subdivision - brakes were fine.
This was way back a hilly, curvy road - so the brakes got a workout. I pull
into this little town - come up to the 4-way intersection (red light) and
the pedal goes right to the floor - no resistance! Luckily the speed limit
in this town was 20mph and I was already gearing down for the stop. Just
about 100 ft from the Blazer wating to go, the light went green - he went
and I turned onto the highway I needed...my wife was following, but I
decided I better not tell her or she'd panic - I've driven a couple cars
where the brakes failed - luckily all were stick shift. Took it easy going
home and parked it right in the driveway - it would stop at less than 5mph.