Old July 29th 05, 02:46 PM
Byron Forbes

"btgoss" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Well I really don't think that it is going to take much to win back our
> hearts and minds (although I wish that was not the case.)
> If iRacing can produce a game that is an advancement over NR2K3, then
> most people will eventually buy into it, or be left on the side. I wish
> this wasn't going to happen, since this whole mess with the modders has
> really cast a dark shadow across anything that iRacing might produce.
> But we are consumers, and we accept a certain amount of grief as part
> of life. I mean how many people swore never to return to baseball
> (American obviously) after the last strike, and now they are back.
> Watch how fast people who swore off NHL hockey come back, we are a
> fickle lot, and it is embarassing.
> But strength of convictions will only take a consumer so far, and that
> is the real shame of this iRacing thing, they have known that from the
> beginning, and we never saw it coming.

I just hope that iRacing are so confident that their new stuff will be
so irresistible that the **** they're going on with presently won't matter.
I wonder when we will actually hear something about the release date of
something rather than the next chapter in the modder war saga?

<sitting still, staring blankly at the monotor, twiddling thumbs>