Old June 10th 05, 10:33 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:49:22 -0400, "Joey Tribiani" >
> wrote:
>

>>glad you came out okay....never forget you have a pretty powerful machine
>>that can accellerate quickly.....good chance he never would have gotten
>>past
>>me on the right before i was out of the way....have had to miss a turn
>>before due to similar situations....repeat after me "twist and dump"
>>

> Yeah, but in this particular case I really didn't have the time. From
> the time I saw the truck to the time he passed me, I'd bet that less
> than 2 seconds passed. He must not have seen me until he was about
> 6-7 car-lengths away from me. He was ON MY ASS when I first spotted
> him and moving FAST. I just got lucky, plain and simple.

yes, i see....you were lucky....I to at times find myself moving to the far
extreme of the lane just for this type of thing, but i sometimes think it
makes you less likely to be seen....so i tend to do the "angle" so they can
see more of the bike...i also like to flash my brake light....seems to help,
but how much i'm unsure...have also had close calls such as these.....once
was at a busy intersection...i was first in line, no one behind me.....i had
to dart out into cross traffic and hang a hard right as the car that should
have been stopping *behind* me slid nearly throught the intersection(four
lanes)....scary indeed...