Old December 6th 04, 01:33 AM
Shaggie

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:31:09 -0600, John Willis
> wrote:

>On 04 Dec 2004 23:27:10 GMT, (RDavis1957) scribbled
>this interesting note:
>
>>>Check the shifter coupling under the back seat(if the thing has a back
>>>seat??) If the bushings there go bad your shifting will be a mess but
>>>you will be able to drive it if you can find a gear and wrestle it in.

>>this sounds like my problem.
>>
>>How do you tell if the bushings are bad?
>>
>>it shifts okay now but I am getting abad bearing sound and will re adjust the
>>clutch to prevent any pre mature wear.
>>
>>Bobby in Savannah

>It isn't that hard. Remove the engine.

Ahhh. :-) This is one of the reasons I'm gonna get back into VWs.
"It isn't that hard... Step one: Remove the engine." How many
other vehicles can you give *accurate* advice about by starting out
with "It isn't that hard....remove the engine..."? And to think I
almost gave away my VW engine stand to the buyer of the LCB.

---
"There's nothing wrong with a little killing as long as the right people get killed."
- Inspector Harry Callahan