Old December 25th 04, 12:37 AM
Dave Head

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 18:49:06 -0500, Nate Nagel > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:

>>>If they aren't actually beside you, what's the problem?

>> They are. They (sometimes) slow down when they get to me, and take up a
>> position on my left rear quarter panel. Some here think I should jump out in
>> front of them to block them from doing that. Not gonna happen. Of course,
>> I'm supposed to be clairvoyant to be able to tell which approaching cars are
>> going to become ducks, and which aren't. Uh huh...

>I don't really have this problem on anything resembling a regular basis.

>>>No, you don't (have a clue that is.) You wouldn't admit to cruising in
>>>the left lane if you did.

>> Here we go again...
>>
>> Try to ditch the mantra for once and see if _you_ can figure out what to do
>> about the ducklings approaching from the left rear, before you know they are
>> ducklings. I have my solution. Other solutions I've been offered do come with
>> the possibility of ending in a shooting or stabbing, as they are very
>> offensive.
>>
>> DPH

>Just accelerate slightly and cut 'em off.

We can go back to the original text, then...

"An encounter in traffic - possibly a lane
change that offended somebody - led to a pickup-to-pickup shouting
match and then a fatal stabbing,"

Cutting people off, no matter how you do it, risks this sort of outcome. It
****es people off.

Plus, this "accelerate" element make one into radar fodder if one is very close
to the limit of tolerance, about 10 over the posted limit most places.

>If they're in the left lane
>and not passing, they deserve whatever they get.

They may have passed you, you don't know 'til they get there and maybe slow
down on your rear bumper and sit.

So, its MFFY, I think that's called... welcome aboard!

>If they get ****ed,
>**** 'em.

Return to the original text...

And, anyway, you screw 'em your way, I'll screw 'em my way...

>It's not my problem they can't be arsed to drive like a
>reasonable person.

Yes, so far the "solutions" offered instead of the one I use are all
unworkable, being at risk of a confrontation with unpredictable eventualities,
or designed to get one a speeding ticket, or worse, or both.

OK, the next Einstein may give it a try. You just failed.

DPH