Old February 25th 05, 06:12 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-02-25, gixer > wrote:

> I trust your judgement on the health insurance Grant as we
> have a very different system over here, & I don't think there
> are many people that can afford to lose 2 weeks pay, me
> included.

I should add that I probably would choose to take time off and
drive, but I can very easily imagine situations where somebody
couldn't or wouldn't.

I once drove my Alfa Spyder on a business trip from Minneapolis
to Phoenix and back (about 4000 miles round-trip). I added two
weeks of vacation to the trip and visited some friends and
relatives along the way. My employer reimbursed me for the
price of a round-trip airfare. It would have been cheaper to
fly, but driving through the mountains was a lot of fun.
Sometimes I miss the Alfa's bigger trunk and behind-seat
storage (there wasn't a "shelf -- space behind the seats went
all the way to the floor).

It sure is a long way across Nebraska.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I guess you guys got
at BIG MUSCLES from doing too