Old June 28th 05, 11:49 PM
Big Al

"Fred of AZ" > wrote in message
news
> Al, and others:
>
> Thanks for the info...looks like it would be best just to trash the
> old water pump and get another rebuilt/new unit when it becomes
> necessary. It's funny how I can't find a rebuild kit for this
> particular pump, but there are kits out there for Model A and Model T
> Fords, flathead engines, tractors, etc. Could be that there is no
> market for water pumps of that type, so owner are required to rebuild
> their own units.
>
> Fred of AZ

Did a search and found kits for "Y" block Fords

What is an average person capable of doing? Where would they get a press or
the required pullers? We are getting to the point where we can't even change
our shoe laces. And the new cars are getting impossible to work on. Just
look at what's under the hood now. You have to remove intake manifolds to
replace spark plugs, or to replace a valve cover gasket. On some cars it's a
job just to replace the oil filter or check the transmission fluid. Why are
we letting this happen? The manufactures can sell us anything they dream up
and we get to try to live with it.

Al