Old June 24th 05, 04:46 PM
Big Al

"Fred of AZ" > wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I've got a 65 2+2 with the aluminum water pump. I've searched around,
> but have been unable to find a rebuild kit for this particular pump,
> or instructions on how to take it apart and replace the seals, etc. I
> have already replaced with a rebuilt pump since it was leaking, but
> was not asked for the core. I'd like to be able to rebuild it and
> have it as a future replacement.
>
> Any information would be helpful. After all, where do AutoZone,
> Checker, PepBoys, etc, send the cores to be rebuilt?
>
> Fred of AZ

Fred,

Years ago you could buy these kits at most auto parts stores. It was just a
long bearing with a shaft sticking out both ends. You pulled the flange that
the pulley and blade mount to off, and push the complete assembly out the
back. Then you pressed off the impeller and put it all back together. You
had the measure how far the hub was on and put it back in the same place.
They were popular in the 60's. Did you try an authorized Ford rebuilder?
They sold parts years ago.

Al