Old November 21st 04, 08:40 PM
Spike

Which is precisely my point... As you just pointed out... there is no
con census. I never said humans have no impact. Only that the impact
humans have is far from determined. And as you also pointed out, those
various organizations each have their own agendas which motivate their
findings. Just as a large number of "studies" have been found to be
tainted by a policy requiring so called experts to "publish or
perish". Human are supposed to have such an impact, yet those self
same "experts" make a prediction, such as the size of the hole in the
ozone layer, and then the hole either gets way larger than projected,
or unexpectedly shrinks.

I take it you have decided what the sole source for factual
information is and you expect one and all to accept only your
source(s) because they agree with what you believe. In which case you
should probably do your part, and return to the Amish lifestyle. Use
nothing modern, including the internet and computers. Much like if we
disarm, they will disarm.

On 21 Nov 2004 12:18:39 EST, "Jim S." > wrote:

>I'd be more discriminating if I were you. There is no debate about climate
>change -- CO2 and other green house gases have increased greatly since the
>industrial revolution. The increase is without doubt anthropogenic. Climate
>change will occur. It's unfortunate that the media often frames "The Global
>Warming Debate" as a debate about if global warming is real. The only debate
>is about how much climate change will occur. The fossil industry guys have
>their good-for-you proposal about sunnier weather and less harsh winter.
>Some rather green folks see it as dooms-day. The going line is, 10% chance
>of each of the extremes. Climate change is real. There is no debate about
>the fact that humans are altering the atmosphere and the climate. It's only
>a debate about the degree (nice pun eh?) to which it will change.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16