Old September 18th 04, 04:57 PM
Alex P

"Richard Townsend" > wrote in message
>I went for a test drive in a 1-Series today and was quite pleasantly
> surprised. Once behind the wheel I forgot about its strange appearance and
> started to appreciate its excellent driving qualities.
>
> Anyway, the question I have is about the run-flat tyres. I understand that
> if you get a puncture you can drive for a certain number of miles on a
> flat
> tyre. But afterwards, can the tyre then be repaired or must they always be
> replaced?
>
> Having had 3 punctures in the last 10 months makes me a bit wary.
>
> --
> Richard

The idea is that you have a puncture, computer tells you that tyre is
deflated, no big drama, you stop and replace it with spare one.
In that case run-flat can be repaired.

In emergency, if you continue driving, tyre will not
disintegrate due to heat but kevlar sidewall will be
damaged and you must get new tyre.

Alex
530d run-flat