Old December 20th 04, 09:07 PM
Jeff Strickland

I use 10w/30 in mine. I live in So. Calif., so our demands on oil can be
different than yours. If you live in a cold climate, you might find that
5w30 or 0w30 works best for you during winter months, and 10w30 or 10w40
works for summer months.

My car has over 205,000 miles and is going strong. I am looking to replace
the clutch after the first of the year.

I don't think there is anything you can expect to go first. The best you can
hope for is that the stuff that does go bad is within your realm of
mechanical ability. I have found that all of the mechanical needs of my car
have been easily serviced at home. I will not be servicing the clutch
though. But, I do everything that does not require a lift.

"Erik" > wrote in message
> I now officially own a 1993 325i with 170k on it. Auto tranny 4 door etc.

It