Old February 2nd 05, 01:16 AM
Dan Krueger

The Pilots are the best according to Tire Rack surveys but they are expensive as
hell as Tevor said. I paid a bundle to replace mine with Eagle F1's but I saved
a lot over the Pilots - nearly $200. Tire wear seems to be better. Handling
and traction are no better or worse. They have a bead of rubber that will
protect the rims (to a point) that I was happy to see after I bought them. I
paid about $US900 or so for all four but I have the sport package and the lower
profile tires. Runflats for the Corvette are only $1300 installed. I have
225/40/18's on the front and 255/35/18's on the rear.

Dan