Old February 1st 05, 01:04 PM
TonyK

"trevors40" > wrote in message
> If you want the best high performance tires go Michelin Pilot Sport PS2.
> It's a bit pricey but you won't regret it.

You might, depends on the car and road conditions. PS2s are pretty poor when
cold so for stop start they don;t give best performance for a while. Also on
wet roads Pirelli PZero Rosso and Nero tend to give superior grip although
they wear more quickly. The turn in with Pirelli seems a little sharper for
longer, the PS2 can deteriorate rapidly once more than half worn.

Personally I'd go with Pirellis and just replace them more often, they are
after all a little cheaper so it sort of balances out.

All IME obviously.