Old July 21st 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Tom The Great

Default Least Safe American Car

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:02:36 -0700, "Talkin Horse"
> wrote:

>Interesting. It looks okay for a frontal crash:
>
>http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=222
>
>They're not so fond of the side impact. On a scale of Good/Acceptable/Marginal/Poor, they rate the Ion Acceptable for a frontal crash and Poor for a side impact (even with the front and rear head curtain airbags).
>
>http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=526

Information you rated was comparing the Saturn Ion verses the
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, Highway Loss Data Institute
standards.

The OP's subject seems to compare it to other "American Cars". So,
although interesting, not what the OP said.

I would have replied, the ION isn't even considered a top 10
'domestic' car. http://www.urlbee.com?7322 So who cares?

So, when is Canada made parts considered Domestic anyway?

tom