Old July 13th 05, 09:45 PM
just another

In article outautos.com>,
"edwrdswllm2601" > wrote:

> yes i want to know where by the tranny is the starter located at????

Heh, took me awhile to find it in my '97. Yours is the SOHC, right? Mine's the DOHC, but they
should be the same as far as starter location goes.

From under the car, it's in the back below the manifold. The business end (gear) points into the
bellhousing, and the electrical contacts point toward the passenger-side front tire. I haven't
removed mine yet, it looks like the bottom mounting bolt is accessible from the bottom; but the
top mounting bolt either requires an oddball-curved wrench from the bottom, or a long, thin
extension to reach from the top (even then, I can't see how to turn it... that's why I haven't
pulled mine). If I could afford it I'd be taking the car to the dealer for starter replacement.