Old July 27th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

Default Engine Rebuild

Anthony W wrote:
> Mel P. wrote:
> > If I remember correctly, the alignment of the distributor pinion is
> > incorrect in the Wilson book. I don't have the book, but I thought I saw it
> > mentioned when I had distributor pinion problems

> How would one go about repositioning the distributor pinion without
> loosing the washer between it and the case. With my luck, I'd drop the
> bloody thing down in the crankcase and have to tear the ******* down to
> get it out.
>
> Tony

If I remember correctly, you slip them around a larger screwdriver,
drop the screwdriver in the hole, position it and then drop the washers
down, using the screw driver as a guide. You then don't want to move
the engine case around until you position the dizzy in place, clearly.
I think I got that procedure from the bugme video or one of the books I
have. When I first saw it, It scared me as well but it worked fine.
I can double check, if you'd like.

Remco