Old October 30th 04, 10:00 PM
Matt O'Toole

Default Gray market E36 diesel -- good buy or orphan nightmare?

I've come across a gray market E36 diesel wagon, '93 model, imported in the late
90s and currently registered in NY. Supposedly all the legal documentation is
present, title clear, etc. It looks like a good buy -- but would I be buying a
nightmare? This model was never imported to the US, nor to my knowledge was the
engine -- unless it has the same older diesel used in the 524td (not one of
BMW's better efforts, IMO). Is this the case? Any opinions?

Matt O.