Old January 6th 05, 12:10 AM
swilc0x

OK, I took the van to the dealer today and they said the problem was
with the idle air control valve. Dealer said the intake seals are fine.

I thought if I had a bad IAC valve, I would experience idle problems?
Most of my problems are with stalls going down the road. Another thing,
why would my stalling problem not appear during warm weather if I had a
bad IAC?

As it stands now, I only have this stalling problem when it's really
cold outside. Past few days have been in the 60s and the van hasn't
given me any problems.

I think the dealer just doesn't want to warranty their work without
charging me something.

Comboverfish wrote:
> Upper and lower intake manifold seals leak on the 3.8 and cause a

host
> of problems. They are tempermental esp. in cold weather because they
> shrink excessively and allow lots of unmetered air into the

cylinders,
> severly leaning out the engine at idle. You may experience

drivability
> concerns and/or a check engine light (codes P0171 and P0174, banks 1
> and 2 lean).
> Also, your mass airflow sensor could have dirt built up on its

hotwire.