Old January 14th 05, 06:46 PM
Mitch_A

redTed wrote:

>> Just went out a bought a Pny Geforce 6800GT to replace my trusty 9700pro
>> and
>> I must say it is quite a letdown. Either the 9700P was wayyy ahead of
>> its time or Nvidia hasnt got their **** together yet.
>>
>> The ONLY reason I went Nvidia is because of Linux support.
>>

> You sure it's not something else in your system holding it back ?
> Personally, I went for the X800 Pro, but the 6800GT is ,supposedly, very
> quick.

Yea Ted I had all intentions of going the X800Pro route but for a couple
minor reasons. First was Linux compatibility and I do like the idea of the
shader 3.0 support and the benchmarks between the two come in very close.

Im gonna do a fresh OS install later today to verify.

Mitch
--
Remove "nospam." to reply.
SuSE 9.2 Pro KDE3.3.2a.