Old September 28th 04, 03:07 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article
outautos.com>,
"pekerhed" > wrote:

> My headlights and dashboard lights dim often while in IDLE.
> Recently the problem has progressed while in movement. It seems that when
> I shift, the dimming will also occur. When I accelerate, they light up
> like normal. I also observed that when the "dimming" occurs, the air
> flow(AC FAN) also weakens no matter if the A/C is on or off.
> What could cuase this?
> When I turn the engine off, and I'm powered by only the battery, all
> lights are consistently lit. But once that car of mine's engine is
> turning, the dimming begins. The idle also seems to fluctuate as well,
> while sitting at stoplights.
> Besides that, the car runs fine. Accelerates fine. Sounds fine. It's
> just the energy fluctuating while driving that is starting to concern me.
> PLEEEEEASE HELP!!

3 things

* Check the battery connections and that they're tight and clean. if
the battery's more than 2 years old, replace it.

* Your alternator could be acting up. Can you replicate this problem in
your driveway without moving? If so - measure the voltage at the
battery terminals and see if it goes up and down. Use an analog meter
here.

* Check for loose/broken/corroded ground straps.