Old June 21st 05, 05:11 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Roy Shroyer > wrote:

>As a country, we are extremely wasteful of energy. Not just in what we
>choose to drive, but in what we eat, and how we live in general. How many
>posters on this group could get by without a personal automobile for more
>than a few days? Not many I would bet.

That we USE a lot of energy is undeniable. That we waste it is quite
debatable, unless you're an ascetic who considers all luxury to be
waste.

I could "get by" without a personal automobile indefinitely. But
that's just what it would be, "getting by".

>Once gas prices start creeping up past $4, lower to middle income people
>will start to either curb their use of fuel, or dump the gas hogs for more
>efficient vehicles, similar to what happened in the 70's and early 80's.

You said that about $2.
result in a fully-depreciated one.