Old February 16th 04, 12:26 AM
aniram

Default MB Fortwo and A Class

MB is going to introduce "Fortwo" smart car to Canada. I wonder how
well this small car will be accepted there. Will it physically be
smaller than Chev Aveo, Toyota Echo Hatch Back, Suzuki Swift or Geo
Metro?
Looking at the "ugly" model (although I am sure lots of others can say
that it is cute - beauty is in the eye of the beholder), how stable is
this car against rollover? I heard it has outstanding mileage.
It looks more like cars to be used in a City where within its limit,
the SUV, trucks and big guzzler cars are banned.
Perhaps it is better fit for European cities (or even Asian cities)
where there are lots of those tiny cars around.
In North America wouldn't such a car be dangerous to its driver? Will
it be categorized as "motorcycle"? How's this car compared to Steve
Urkel's tiny two seater car in the TV comedy series - Family Matters
?.
I still wonder why MB never introduces its Class A to the North
American market. Is it because of safety concerns, or for protecting
the MB image for expensive cars?