Old November 19th 04, 03:30 PM
John Willis

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:14:30 GMT, tricky >
scribbled this interesting note:

>Hello all
>I am allways looking to save a bit of money by thinking "out of the box".

You have a Beetle carburetor of some flavor? Don't want to buy a new
one and suffer sticker shock? You can save money by taking your old
one to a good carburetor shop and having it rebuilt there. You will
get everything you would get if you did it yourself, plus new throttle
shaft bushings, and depending on how much you want to spend, they
might even re-plate the linkages so even they look brand spanking new.
How much? From $100 to $150 and you supply the carburetor. It comes
back to you with a warranty that is worth the paper it is printed on
if you use a good shop to do the work.

As I've stated time and time again...you have to know which pennies to
pinch!

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)